Operation Prevention provides a parent toolkit so parents can join the conversation with this family discussion starters. Additional information on the warning signs of prescription opioid misuse and a guide to prevention and intervention empower families to reach out.
Click the link below and scroll down for the toolkit.
Center on Addiction has written a short, concise guide to help anyone who is trying to find a quality addictions treatment. They go into detail about levels of care as well as types of addiction treatment. They provide you with questions to ask when you’re looking for quality addiction treatment, including a blank worksheet with questions for a treatment provider.
WHAT IS IT?
Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic opioid drug prescribed for pain as Tylox®, Percodan®, OxyContin®. Derived from the poppy plant, has high potential for abuse.
Hillbilly Heroin, Kicker, OC, Ox, Roxy, Perc, Oxy
HOW IT IS TAKEN
- Pills and tablets chewed or swallowed
- Inhaling vapors by heating tablet on foil
- Crushed and sniffed or dissolved in water and injected
HOW DOES IT AFFECT THE BODY?
- Feelings of relaxation, euphoria, pain relief
- Chronic use of oxycodone with acetaminophen may cause severe liver damage
- Overdose may lead to coma and possible death