WHAT IS IT?
Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic opioid drug prescribed for pain as Tylox®, Percodan®, OxyContin®. Derived from the poppy plant, has high potential for abuse.
Hillbilly Heroin, Kicker, OC, Ox, Roxy, Perc, Oxy
HOW IT IS TAKEN
- Pills and tablets chewed or swallowed
- Inhaling vapors by heating tablet on foil
- Crushed and sniffed or dissolved in water and injected
HOW DOES IT AFFECT THE BODY?
- Feelings of relaxation, euphoria, pain relief
- Chronic use of oxycodone with acetaminophen may cause severe liver damage
- Overdose may lead to coma and possible death
Our nation is experiencing an epidemic, and much of it is due to the misuse of pain medication. Safeguard your family by learning about the proper use, storage, and disposal of prescribed medications.
For More information about Naloxone follow the link below: