Learn more about medication-assisted treatment – what it is, how it’s used, and how you can best support your child through treatment. When you click through, just complete the simple email form to receive your free PDF download that contains all of the comprehensive information you’ll need.
WHAT IS IT?
Oxycodone is a semi-synthetic opioid drug prescribed for pain as Tylox®, Percodan®, OxyContin®. Derived from the poppy plant, has high potential for abuse.
Hillbilly Heroin, Kicker, OC, Ox, Roxy, Perc, Oxy
HOW IT IS TAKEN
- Pills and tablets chewed or swallowed
- Inhaling vapors by heating tablet on foil
- Crushed and sniffed or dissolved in water and injected
HOW DOES IT AFFECT THE BODY?
- Feelings of relaxation, euphoria, pain relief
- Chronic use of oxycodone with acetaminophen may cause severe liver damage
- Overdose may lead to coma and possible death