NIDA has provided an easy to read website that breaks down types of drugs, affects on the brain and body, prevention, treatment and recovery. This websites provides basic information with links for those who may be interested in learning more. Follow the link below to find the easy to read drug facts.
WHAT IS IT?
LSD is a hallucinogen. It is both odorless and colorless and has a high potential for abuse.
Acid, Blotter Acid, Dots, Mellow Yellow, Window Pane
HOW IT IS TAKEN
- Added to absorbent paper such as blotter paper and divided into square dosage units
- Tablets or capsules
- Occasionally in liquid form
WHAT ARE IT’S EFFECTS?
- Distorted perception of shape and size of objects, colors, and sounds
- Acute anxiety and depression
- Flashbacks days and even months after
- Elevated heart rate, higher body temperature, increased blood pressure, dilated pupils
- Overdose symptoms: longer, more intense episodes, psychosis and death