Our nation is experiencing an epidemic, and much of it is due to the misuse of pain medication. Safeguard your family by learning about the proper use, storage, and disposal of prescribed medications.
WHAT IS IT?
Khat is a stimulant drug made from the leaves and twigs of the evergreen shrub. The active ingredients in khat are cathine and cathinone.
Abyssinian Tea, African Salad, Catha, Chat, Kat, Miraa, Oat, Qat, Quaadka
HOW IT IS TAKEN
Khat can be chewed, used in a tea or chewable paste, smoked, or sprinkled on food.
HOW DOES IT AFFECT THE BODY?
- Manic behavior with grandiose delusions
- Chronic use can cause depression and suicide
- Hallucinations, paranoia, nightmares
- Euphoria, increased alertness and energy, hyperactivity
- Increase in blood pressure and heart rate
- Cardiac complications
- Insomnia, gastric disorders
For the latest information in vaping follow the link below: https://www.cdc.gov/tobacco/basic_information/e-cigarettes/severe-lung-disease.html