WHAT IS IT?
Marijuana is a mind-altering psychoactive drug, which can cause hallucinations. The main ingredient, THC ( delta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol), comes from the dry, shredded, green/brown mix of flowers, stems, seeds or leaves of the cannabis sativa plant which produces the psychoactive effect.
Aunt Mary, BC Bud, Chronic, Dope, Gangster, Ganja, Grass, Hash, Herb, Joint, Mary Jane, Mota, Pot, Reefer, Sinsemilla, Skunk, Smoke, Weed, Yerba
HOW IT IS TAKEN
- Smoked as a cigarette or in pipe or bong
- Smoked in blunts (cigar emptied of tobacco and filled with marijuana, and sometimes mixed with additional drugs)
- Mixed with food (edibles)
- Brewed as tea
HOW DOES IT AFFECT THE BODY?
- Relaxation, disinhibition, increased appetite, sedation, increased sociability
- Effects memory and learning
- Difficulty in thinking and problem-solving
- Impaired judgment, reduced coordination
- Distorted perception
- Decreased blood pressure, increased heart rate, dizziness, nausea, tachycardia
- Confusion, anxiety, paranoia, drowsiness
- Respiratory ailments