WHAT IS IT?
Methamphetamine is a stimulant that speeds up the body’s system. It is available as a prescription, Desoxyn, to treat obesity and ADHD. Crystal meth resembles glass fragments and is an illegally altered version of the prescription drug that is cooked with over-the-counter drugs in meth labs.
Meth, Speed, Ice, Shards, Bikers Coffee, Stove Top, Tweak, Yaba, Trash, Chalk, Crystal, Crank, Shabu
HOW IT IS TAKEN
- Powder, pill
- Smoked, snorted, injected
- To intensify the effects, users may take higher doses of the drug, take it more frequently, or change their method of intake
HOW DOES IT AFFECT THE BODY?
- Highly addictive
- Agitation, increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Increased respiration and body temperature
- Anxiety, paranoia
- High doses can cause convulsions, cardiovascular collapse, stroke or death